Friday, March 12, 2010

THE BEAUTIFUL GAME

via skysports

AC Milan star Ronaldinho believes he can earn a re-call to the Brazil squad for this summer's World Cup and is dreaming that he can also take part in 2014.

The 29-year-old is preparing for Wednesday's UEFA Champions League last-16 second-leg clash against Manchester United, but is also thinking about his international career.

Ronaldinho disappointed at the 2006 World Cup and the 2008 Olympic Games, while he was also snubbed by Brazil boss Dunga for the recent friendly victory over Republic of Ireland.

However, the former Barcelona ace has enjoyed a renaissance season for Milan and has recaptured close to the form which saw him earn European and World Footballer of the Year awards in the past.

Ronaldinho is therefore upbeat on his chances of playing at the 2010 World Cup and beyond, telling Radio 730: "I'm always very positive. If I'm playing very well at Milan, I believe I will take part.

"And not only at this World Cup, but also in 2014 (in Brazil). It's my dream. I hope to remain at a very high level until then and I hope to play in both those World Cups."

Ronaldinho added on his form: "My level is the same, the difference is that in Spain we (Barcelona) won a lot of titles. The titles are missing here at Milan, but I think my individual level is the same.

"As for my position, I've already played in the middle, I've played more up front. At Barcelona and here too I played more on the left. I've already played centre forward and also more on the right. So, for me there's no problem adapting."

peep the video for his greatest hits: Does he still have what it takes to make the squad?

No comments:

Post a Comment