Friday, December 4, 2009

THE WORLD CUP IS UPON US

Looming upon us is the world cup. As I type the pool play was being determined and I am happy to say that the US has a descent draw in group C with England, Slovenia, and Algeria. This is my favorite sporting event because it is like a festival that brings all people together. Not so much in terms race and religion but in terms of sport freaks (like myself) to people who never watch a game until this time of the year every four years because they understand the magnitude of this event. Also gives me an excuse to dust off the USA Soccer jersey

JOGO BONITO will be on display beginning Spring 2010 in South Africa.

Not to mention the fact that seeing Nelson Mandela at the opening ceremonies will definitelty bring a tear to my eye. There will be no "hand goals" this time around. I hope not. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment