Thursday, July 16, 2009

SAADIQ ARE THOSE TOM FORD'S?

One Thursday night I had a great date. It was me, my stir fry chicken (i'm a beart on the four burners) and the TV. I was flipping through the channels when I came across my boy Rafael Saadiq performing in this strange venue. Well strange to me but I later found out it was a music series PBS was producing called the Artists Den. The scene totally went with Saadiq's new sound and look. Slim shark suit with the black "retro" frames with the backdrop of the HARVARD CLUB.

I can smell the cigar and brand in the air if I close my eyes. I'm totally romanticising the entire show but it was a great show if you like live music, energetic crowd, "special backup singers" and some old Ton"y" "i" "e" classics. He is one of my favorite songwriters. He is a clip from the Artist Den Performance and then follow the yellow brick road to some of Saadiq's greatest hits:

Raphael Saadiq - Love That Girl from Artists Den on Vimeo.





http://www.singingfool.com/Title.aspx?publishedid=113640









No comments:

Post a Comment