Thursday, August 19, 2010

TUM TA TUM TUM TUM

I just came from the Deli downstairs of my office building and I was just there getting a little bagel. As always when I go down there are tourists all over the joint ordering various eggs, breads, yogurts, etc. I try not to listen to what people order because I don't want to judge but this morning I was forced into the land of no return. After I ordered my bagel with scallion cream cheese (thanks Mrs. Shulman and Mrs. Gardos) I overheard this woman order two eggs with sliced turkey on a roll (not so terrible) but the next three words will have me scarred for life. She asked for it with VEGETABLE CREAM CHEESE!! The guy behind the counter asked her to repeat her order and she repeated it and he replied "all on the same sandwich" She said "YES" like it was a strange request.

I immediately looked down at her stomach to see if she had a baby bump and there was not one visible. I could not wrap my brain around what the hell this woman was thinking. I wanted to cancel my order because I was so confused, slightly disgusted, and just shocked. I then began to imagine what that would taste like in my mouth and I began to gag. I took my bagel and ran the hell out of there thinking to myself. Lady you just ruined my breakfast. Does anyone else eat anything weird or extra gluttonous?

I did once have a bacon and cream cheese on a bagel. Don't judge me. So, I guess maybe I shouldn't judge her. It is really hard not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment